Project Manager (Civil)
New South Wales - Sydney
Osborne Richardson are delighted to have been asked to partner with this great Local Council in Western Sydney, to fill one of the key role in their Engineering Team.
We are seeking a passionate and bullet-proof Project Manager to lead the Council's array of civil project across the next 12 months. Make no mistake, this role is a cracking opportunity to join a vibrant Council, on a long-term contract (with an extremely high likelihood of long extensions), whilst commanding a fantastic hourly rate to repay you for your services. These don't come along too often and will disappear rapidly.
In this key Project Management position, you will undertake a wide-range of duties to ensure the Council's Civil projects go off without a hitch (well to ensure the hitches don't pose too many issues is probably more on the money, as you will know!!). In terms of day-to-day tasks and activities, the following is a quick summary:
• Drive and co-ordinate the effective delivery of civil engineering projects that meet the required outcomes for clients and key stakeholders, ensuring timely completion and within budget.
• Provide leadership, direction, mentoring and training to your team
• Preparation of concise project scoping documents for works required.
• Determine and manage project priorities to ensure effective application of resources to achieve project outcomes, delivery dates, and project budget targets
• Regularly review the productivity, effectiveness, quality and profitability of projects, including project follow-up to monitor project deliverables and client satisfaction.
• Prepare, review and approve request for quotations, proposals or tenders in accordance with Procurement Procedures.
• Participate in and contribute to, the ongoing improvement of the asset design teams professional services and systems.
Now, what do we require from you to get this role into your hands ASAP? Well, we favour cultural fit, passion and those who go above and beyond for our clients. Essentially, we do not want those who want to coast along, do 80% and pick up a few bucks. We will find someone who really wants this role and wants to drive the success of these projects for community and Council. That person looks at bit like the below:
1. A relevant engineering and/or management qualification, recognised by Engineers Australia as eligible for membership as a professional engineer.
2. Extensive experience (ideally 5 years) as a Project Manager of either consultants or contractors.
3. Engineering design, contractor management and contract administration experience, with the ability to identify/develop alternate design options that present more cost effective and innovative solutions.
4. Ability to assist with developing and growing the Civil Engineering business portfolio, by having the ability to build, maintain and enhance professional relationships with current and potential business partners, clients and other relevant stakeholders
5. Project management experience – preferably in urban development or infrastructure.
6. Team leadership and management skills.
7. Ability to work effectively within diverse management structures across multiple sites/locations.
8. Experience with, and a commitment to WHS and Quality management systems.
If you are keen to explore this great role in a little more detail, please feel free to contact Owen Millar on 0414 706 605 or Owen@oraus.com.au.