Safety Officer (Food Manufacturing)
Based in beautiful Bundaberg, our client is fast becoming a national institution, producing a much loved product sold around the world. A restructure in their H&S department has led to the need for a Safety Officer to assist in ensuring their highest of safety standards are not only upheld, but revised and expanded.
The Safety Officer will work closely to promote and advise all leaders and employees on all Health and Safety
matters in the workplace across the entire business. It will also require you to be proactive in ensuring WHS matters are actioned as required.
Specific duties will include:
- Conduct safety meetings, audits, safety coaching and inspections to ensure compliance, evaluate performance, identify corrective action, and implement follow up assessments.
- Actively complete and participate risk assessments, identify hazards, complete noise monitoring and work with employees to engage with safety
- Assist with auditors on site when required
-Participate/lead high quality Investigations and report on incidents and near misses, identify actions and make appropriate recommendations for improvements.
- Ensure commitment to establishing a culture of safety compliance and risk mitigation
- Undertake basic Occupational Health Monitoring
- Effectively manage WorkCover and Return to Work Rehabilitation when required
This role is open to committed professionals starting their career in H&S. To accomplish the role fully it will be necessary to work days and evening shifts on a roster basis.
To be eligible for consideration, you must:
- Be currently enrolled and undertaking Cert IV or Diploma in H&S or have completed the qualification
- Be passionate about safety
- Be willing to learn and be guided in the physical aspects of the role
- Become a true ambassador for safety throughout the organisation
- Have excellent communication skills and ability to influence others
- Possess excellent IT skills and report writing.
Should you feel this to be your next challenge, please forward your current CV to email@example.com