Assistant Financial Accountant
$30-$35 per hour
Queensland - Brisbane
Osborne Richardson are government recruitment specialists. We are delighted to be working on behalf of this major council located between Brisbane and the Gold Coast for an assistant financial accountant for a period of 5 months.
This council requires a friendly person to work with a small group of like minded financial accountants. Duties will include financial reconciliations, asset processing, journals and other finance required duties - therefore understanding of financial principles is required.
This position is for 3 days a week - Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
Rate 29.84 per hr plus Super
Contributing to the accurate and timely distribution of monthly and annual financial information to management and external stakeholders by:
• Undertaking processing of approved financial transactions representing the activities of Council.
• Undertaking integrity and review processes prior to the distribution of financial information.
• Presenting financial information in a format that is useful to users.
• Complying with Australian Accounting Standards, the Local Government Act and Local Government Finance
• Compiling and providing working papers in support of accounting estimates for review and audit purposes.
Supporting Council Corporate Governance processes by:
• Undertaking actions as directed through Council policy, management directives and accounting procedures.
• Compiling, implementing and conforming to Council internal control and internal checking arrangements.
• Complying with accounting, taxation and corporate legislation.
• Maintain records and funds reports in support of third party monies provided to Council in the form of trust funds,
• grants and subsidies and developer and other contributions.
• Completing and reviewing key account reconciliations.
3. Undertaking financial accounting and management by:
• Assisting in the discharging of the Financial Accountant's responsibilities
• Undertaking assigned reconciliations
• Providing month and year end work papers
• Undertaking bank control account reconciliations
• Undertaking daily bank review
4. Contributing to Council management by:
• Providing accounting and asset advice.
• Providing relevant information in a format that supports decision making.
5. Undertaking any other duties as are reasonably within the limits of the employee's skills, competence and training.
• Progress towards a degree in a finance related discipline or demonstrated practical experience in a financial position.
• Ability to accurately reconcile source documents to system outputs.
• A high degree of computer literacy particularly in spread-sheeting and financial packages.
• Demonstrated understanding of accounting principles and procedures.
• Demonstrated ability with respect to time management skills and the meeting of deadlines on a regular basis.
• Demonstrated high level of attention to detail.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to deal with people at all levels.
For more information please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on 0409 365 923.