Procurement Business Partner
Queensland - South East
Osborne Richardson are delighted to have been asked to assist Fraser Coast Regional Council to fill a key leadership role in their dynamic Procurement Team.
This is however, no ordinary Procurement role. If you are seeking a role to define the next stage of your Procurement career then you need look no further. We are offering a 24 month role as the Council Procurement Business Partner.
In this key role, based in Maryborough, you will provide effective support to Council’s procurement functions as a contract management and procurement specialist.
In doing so, you will effectively partner with departments regarding their procurement requirements to align their business objectives with procurement compliance and best practice sourcing strategies.
A high-level range of duties will include:
• Administer procurement strategies for project
management in conjunction with the Corporate Projects and Asset Management team.
• Partner with departments to develop suitable sourcing strategies for their Procurement requirements that comply with policies and legislation, whilst enhancing innovation and value for money for Council.
• Proactively facilitate and support the delivery of the Procurement strategy and framework in collaboration with departments across council. This will include educating, influencing, guiding, coaching and collaborating with internal stakeholders.
• Effectively establish and implement contracts in accordance with Legislation, Council policy and best practice procurement.
• Partner with department(s) to forecast needs and develop proactive procurement strategies.
• Develop and manage tailored supplier relationship management plans for the partnered department(s).
• Develop and implement strategies to enhance the local supplier/contractor engagement for partnered department(s).
• Interpret the Local Government Act 2009 and Local Government Regulation 2012, and provide sound advice and recommendations to Council on the legislation and the Procurement Policy.
In order to provide Fraser Coast with the best candidates available in the Australian Procurement field, we would ask you to please ensure you have read the following key selection Criteria closely and align readily to them:
1. Tertiary qualifications (AQF level 5 or above) in a procurement related discipline and/or a minimum of 5 years’ experience in tendering processes, contract implementation, negotiations and whole-of-life contract management.
2. Demonstrated high level of knowledge and experience in end-to-end procurement and contract management processes.
3. Demonstrated knowledge of legislation, legal obligations and Local Government process relating to procurement practices.
4. Demonstrated high level of negotiation skills with the ability to influence key stakeholders.
5. Proven commitment to continuous improvement, proactively identifying and analysing opportunities to improve outcomes and performance for a diverse range of business units.
If you like what you have read and feel you have the skills and experience to make a true difference for the communities of the Fraser Coast, please feel free to get in touch for further info. Owen Millar will be more than happy to have a chat on 0414 706 605 or at Owen@oraus.com.au