$30-$35 per hour
Looking for something new? Osborne Richardson have just the thing – a 2 month role with a Local Council in Brisbane’s Northern suburbs. Although the initial contract is on the short side, the contacts and experience you will gain during it will be invaluable. And you never know, it may extend!
If this isn’t the role for you right now, or if it’s not in the right location, we’d still love to hear from you. We frequently have roles popping up throughout Brisbane and beyond, and are always seeking all manner of admin officers, data entry clerks, assistant accountants, business support officers, call centre agents – all those legends that are essential for every office and department to keep running. You’re the glue that keeps the wheels on, so tell us all about yourself!
For this particular role:
Your specific responsibilities:
Act as a point of contact for rating services matters by providing sound advice, innovation and problem solving for management.
Accurate and timely completion of the rating and property function, including:
• the creation of properties through the division process;
• the correct levying of applicable general rates;
• updating properties with the correct service charges including waste, urban and rural fire levies;
• updating property valuation records supplied by the State Government;
• assessing and updating properties with applicable remissions and concessions;
• change of ownership records supplied by the State Government;
• change of name and address record requests; and
• liaising with internal and external customers in relation to the rating and property function.
Assist members of the rating services team in the generation of complex reports and reconciliations in relation to the rating and property function.
Accurate and timely processing of rate and property search documents.
Dealing with routine telephone enquiries and processing correspondence relating to rating and property matters.
Work Experiences and Skills
• Experience within an administration environment that is relevant to the position.
• Demonstrated interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment contributing to a positive work environment and a strong focus on providing quality customer service. Demonstrated effective written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent time management skills to achieve proficiency and effectiveness in managing conflicting priorities and meeting deadlines.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of programs with the ability to develop proficiency with council’s software programs.
• Certificate III in Business Administration or related field.
• Current C class driver’s licence
Please contact Kerryn at email@example.com with any enquiries.