Head of Operations (Food Manufacturing)
Victoria - Melbourne
Our client is a dynamic and growing market leader, who value quality and speed of service as cornerstones of their business. the need has arisen for a Head of Operations for their Melbourne site. The position will guide operations and distribution in ensuring service commitments on time and to budget.
You will champion site safety and steer metrics across labour, materials and costs. Quality and leadership will be your daily focus. Your experience working in Lean manufacturing will enable process streamlining and efficiencies. This will assist in your strategic planning for the future of the site.
Duties will include:
• Manage site within the financial budget.
• Optimise data to leverage metrics and models for the accountability, behaviour and culture to drive results and business decisions
• Drive CI initiatives to the development and implementation of organizational growth, goals and strategies.
• Contribute to the development of relevant products, technology, financial and resource applications.
• Plan, test, train, documents and implements enhancements to standard operating procedures.
• Implement and ensure compliance to standard operating procedures for all production processes.
• Take corrective actions on a timely basis to ensure quality, cost and service standards are met on a daily basis.
• Collaborate across the site network and share best practice initiatives
• Crisis management lead
The successful candidate will have:
• Similar operational leadership experience in food or beverage manufacturing, preferably with a qualification in business/food technology/manufacturing
• Strong experience in a fast paced production environment
• Excellent OH&S Experience
• Experience in managing projects of differing levels
• Experience in performance management
• Demonstrate success in leading people through change and building a positive, results oriented culture, which strives for continuous improvement.
Should you feel your skills and aspirations match the challenge ahead, please initially forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org