Stakeholder Engagement/Communciations Advisor (A05)
Queensland - Brisbane, Queensland - Gold Coast
We are delighted to be assisting the Department of Transport and Main Roads QLD in the search for an experienced Stakeholder Engagement Advisor. This role is split between the Gold Coast (3 days/wk) and Brisbane (2 days/wk) and is a 12 month role, with a view to ongoing work for the successful candidate. The location breakdown may well shift as the role progresses (and likely in your favour).
This is an A05 position and the key remit of the role is to provide community and stakeholder management services to technical and professional staff for community engagement, media relations, issues management, public affairs and stakeholder relationship management.
We are very keen to review applications from candidates who have a strong background across communications, public relations or marketing ideally within a public sector environment. Ideally you will have worked within some major projects with a strong focus in community engagement.
Some of key duties you will be responsible for are to
• Represent the team at stakeholder meetings in relation to property acquisition and record accurate minutes of all meetings.
• Provide advice to Project Directors, managers and other staff in the areas of communications strategies for difficult stakeholders and critical conversations in relation to the project.
• Coordinate community and stakeholder engagement activities for road infrastructure projects in the region, including providing project managers with ongoing strategic communications advice, and developing and implementing communication strategies.
• Provide communication advice and support to the Project Directors, managers and other staff in the areas of media and issues management, risk assessment, community engagement and communication strategies using appropriate communication tools.
• Manage the preparation of communications materials, including researching and writing media releases, ministerial briefings, newsletters, flyers, display materials, speech notes and others for the project.
• Develop, plan and manage key communication activities such as road commissioning, launches, media opportunities and other events as required.
• Provide training, advice and support to project staff and consultants to enhance communication skills and improve relationships with key stakeholders and the community in the delivery of projects and initiatives.
• Develop and implement communication strategies, activities, procedures and policies which assist the project to achieve its strategic objectives
If you would like to have the best possible chance for success in this role please make sure you align with the following key selection criteria:
1. A degree in communications, public relations, journalism or marketing.
2. Experience in major project environments and social media competency.
3. IAP2 or equivalent training in community engagement.
4. Knowledge of infrastructure planning.
5. Previous experience in dealing with difficult stakeholders and critical conversations.
Please note: The closing date for applications will be Sunday 19th September @ 5pm however, early applications will be positively received.
For more information and a full position description please contact Owen Millar on 0414 706 605 or firstname.lastname@example.org