Procurement & Contracts Officer
QLD - Brisbane
Osborne Richardson are delighted to be able to partner with so many fantastic Government organisations across Australia, bringing many fantastic roles to the market in the process.
With this role, we find ourselves in our home city of Brisbane and working with a large Council which one of our senior consultants just happens to have worked in a senior role in the past. As you can tell, we're not just any old recruiters, we're have been Government employees ourselves, we have worked many of the roles we are advertising, and this will give you a huge advantage when it comes to your application.
We are offering 2 roles, where you will take on the key role of a Strategic Procurement and Contracts Officer. The first role will be commencing immediately, before extending out to July 2022. The second role will commence in January 2022 and run for a full calendar year until January 2023.
In these roles, you will immerse yourself in the procurement and contracting world of one of the largest Local Governments in Australia. You will support the delivery of high-quality procurement and contracts management services across Council. This role is responsible for providing technical procurement support and advice, ensuring that all procurement and purchasing requests are actioned in a timely manner, whilst working within the Strategic Procurement Team to run Request for Quote (RFQ) processes and support Tender Processes in line with Council’s processes, policies, and relevant Legislation.
To get yourself to the top of the application queue, we recommend you review the following key selection requirements and look to align your resume/application as closely as possible to these:
1. Demonstrated knowledge in the provision of advice regarding procurement, relevant policies and processes, and application of procurement strategies, legislation and procedures within a large organisation or a government entity. A Diploma of Government (Procurement & Contracting), or similar, would be highly desirable.
2. A thorough understanding of procurement cataloguing and the ability to apply these principles across a broad range of procurement categories.
3. Possess a detailed working knowledge and understanding of Disposal of assets, and proven ability to conduct supplier research, evaluate options, formulate recommendations, and maintain confidentiality.
4. Well-developed oral and written communication skills, including a demonstrated ability to liaise and negotiate effectively with colleagues and external parties.
5. Well-developed organisational skills, including the ability to effectively manage competing personal and team priorities to achieve quality outcomes, meeting customer requirements and tight time frames Demonstrated ability to work with limited supervision, independently or as part of a team, to ensure commitments are being met.
6. Demonstrated knowledge in the operation and maintenance of a Finance or Procurement Software system (such as Technology 1) with the ability to provide operational support to the organisation.
7. Previous knowledge and experience in running Request for Quote or Tender Processes
We are always happy to go through role requirements or the application process in greater detail, so feel free to give Owen Millar a call on 0414 706 605 or email Owen@oraus.com.au.