Project Manager (Civil Works)
NSW - Sydney
Osborne Richardson are proud to bring another key Local Government role to market in Sydney.
A leading council in Sydney's west is looking to engage the services of a Project Manager for Key Civil Projects on a 12 month contract. We will be paying $100 per hour + Super for the duration of this role, and we can pay this via PAYG or ABN. Your choice.
The role will drive and co-ordinate the effective delivery of civil engineering projects that meet the required outcomes for clients and key stakeholders, ensuring timely completion and within budget. The primary responsibility is to co-ordinate the efficient and effective delivery of project services for the Asset Design Team.
A day in your new role will therefore include:
• Providing leadership, direction, mentoring and training to the team ensuring effective engagement and use of skills, competencies, and expertise to drive operational efficiencies and quality.
• Preparation of requests for quotation, and documentation for tender designs.
• Participation in and contribute to, the ongoing improvement of the asset design teams professional services and systems.
• Preparation of concise project scoping documents for works required. Determination and management of project priorities to ensure effective application of resources to achieve project outcomes, delivery dates, and project budget targets.
• Regular review of the productivity, effectiveness, quality, and profitability of projects, including project follow-up to monitor project deliverables and client satisfaction levels.
We are looking for candidates that have the following:
1. Ideally, at least 5 to 7 years industry experience in a similar role
2. A relevant engineering and/or management qualification, recognised by Engineers Australia as eligible for membership as a professional engineer.
3. Engineers Australia Chartered Engineer (CpENG) qualification and National Engineering Registration (NER), is highly desirable
4. Advanced communication skills with the ability to provide effective professional services to internal clients
5. Engineering design, contractor management and contract administration experience, with the ability to identify/develop alternate design options that present more cost effective and innovative solutions.
6. Project management experience – preferably in urban development or infrastructure.
7. Ability to prioritise and allocate resources to ensure effective delivery of projects.
8. Valid driver’s licence
Please feel free to contact Owen Millar on 0414 706 605 or email Owen@oraus.com.au. Always happy to chat about the finer details of the role.