Design Projects Coordinator
$125 - $130/hr
NSW - Sydney
Osborne Richardson lead the way with Technical roles within Australian Government. Our attention has been very much heightened by this amazing new leadership role in Western Sydney.
This exciting and new opportunity will see coordination of Council’s Asset Design civil drainage and roads projects to support cohesion, and ensure deliverables and budgets are successfully met. The role will report to Council’s Manager Asset Design, and work closely with Asset Design’s drainage and roads teams, along with Council’s Section 7.11 Projects teams.
On any particular day, in this role, you will find yourself undertaking a variety of key task including:
• Management and coordination of projects across Council’s Asset Design drainage and roads team to ensure timely delivery and within budget
• Developing effective partnerships with stakeholders throughout projects including the identification and effective management of emerging risks
• Participating in client and contractor meetings as required by the Manager Asset Design
• Assisting with the resolution of client/engineering/management issues
• Provision of regular program/project reviews and reporting to the Manager Section 7.11 Projects
• Assisting in the resolution of client/engineering/management issues
• Provide regular program/project reviews and reporting to the Manager Asset Design
• Maintaining knowledge of current and emerging trends and practices within the industry which may impact Council projects
• Undertake site inspections, as required.
• Adherance to Council’s Quality Assurance (QA) objectives, processes and procedures, and undertake activities relating to these activities as directed by the Manager Asset Design
Make no mistake, this is a special role for a special candidate. With this in mind, we would ask you to closely review the following key skills and experience we are seeking for that very person:
1. Degree or post graduate qualification in civil engineering or related fields
2. In-depth experience of project planning and delivery experience, preferably gained in large, complex work environments
3. Demonstrated experience in civil drainage, road design and construction
4. Proven experience in the delivery of complex projects, typically up to 3 years
5. Demonstrated experience in stakeholder management and negotiation
6. Demonstrated experience in leading small teams to achieve outcomes
7. Demonstrated experience working in a diverse team environment and working effectively with support functions reporting to more than one stakeholder
8. Ability to respond to unpredictable risks and manage a number of simultaneous phases across multiple projects
9. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
10. Current C class drivers’ licence
11. Demonstrated solid working experience as a project administrator or coordinator in land development and/or infrastructure projects
12. High proficiency in MS Office software: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
1. Demonstrated knowledge of the processes to obtain approvals for service utility service provisions
2. Engineers Australia Chartered Engineer qualification
If you believe you are able to meet the lofty requirements and standards to bring this role to where it is intended, please feel free to contact Owen Millar on 0414 706 605 or email Owen@oraus.com.au. We would love to hear from you.