Research Scientist - Weed Science - State Goverment Contract
$50-60 per hour
QLD - Regional
Osborne Richardson are public sector recruitment specialists with over 30 years’ experience. We are delighted to be searching for a Research Scientist on behalf of our State Government client located in Toowoomba.
This is a Weed Science role, so experience as a research scientist is essential. You will be experienced within working in a laboratory environment. In addition to this you will be required to map out and plan a research project as you will be leading on a Herbicide Resistance Surveillance project. We are seeking applications from candidates with knowledge of the Queensland grain industry and farming systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:-
• Lead research to survey the herbicide resistance status of key northern region weed species.
• Explore avenues to value-add to the project, including expansion of surveillance and exploration of herbicide resistance responses.
• Develop protocols for herbicide resistance screening.
• Assist with shade house, glasshouse and growth room experiments including planting and maintaining weed populations, safe application of herbicides and assessing herbicide efficacy.
• Assist in the supervision of a supporting technical officer to ensure research milestones are achieved on time and to a high standard of scientific rigour.
• Accurate data entry, data interpretation and contribution to reporting of results.
• Presentation of findings to industry vis written and oral platforms.
• Assist with field operations including weed and crop assessments and data collection.
• Degree qualified in Agricultural Science
• Driving Licence - you must be able to drive a manual vehicle.
• Proven research skills
• High attention to detail
• Chemical knowledge
• Excellent communication skills
This is a contract role which will run through until August 2022 with a possible extension through to June 2023. You must be available to work 36.25 hours, Monday through to Friday.
This role is in Toowoomba, so you must be able to commute there every day for the length of the contract.
For more information, please send your resume to Nick Shaw (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Our deadline for submission is Tuesday 30th November and we will be conducting interviews prior to then, so if you are keen to apply, please do so asap.