Service Desk Officer - Local Government
Osborne Richardson are proud to present this fantastic opportunity for any Help Desk or Service Desk Officer's. This 2 month role is based in the easily accessible city of Moreland which is only a 20 minute drive from Melbourne's CBD.
This Local Council is looking for someone who can provide customer-focused an efficient first level IT application and technical support for Council management and staff. The role also involves configuring and installing PC, mobile< voice and peripheral devices and providing support for users using PC packaged software.
About the role:
IT Service Desk
• Provide support to customers on the IT Service Desk, as rostered, by following documented procedures.
• Document the resolution to user problems in the IT Support Point system and recommend changes to the user and/or the Infrastructure Coordinator to avoid the recurrence of the problems.
• Ensure that the resolution of allocated IT Service Desk tickets is within the service levels defined by the Infrastructure Coordinator.
IT Asset Deployment and Support
• Configure and install new hardware and software as directed ensuring that customers experience minimal inconvenience.
• Provide a responsive troubleshooting service to users receiving new hardware and software.
• Ensure that the details for all newly installed IT hardware and software are recorded in the asset tracking system immediately after deployment.
• Maintain existing IT equipment according to standards defined by the Infrastructure Coordinator.
• Provide a responsive after hours support service, if rostering is agreed with the Infrastructure Coordinator.
• Ensure requests for support from senior management are given the highest priority when deciding upon task completion.
• Contribute to the effective implementation of the Moreland Continuous Improvement system in the work area and achievement of quality outcomes.
Occupational Health & Safety
• Contribute to the achievement of a safe and healthy environment by working in accordance with Council’s OHS Policy and Procedures.
• Incorporate Council’s environmental sustainability objectives and targets into projects and programs.
• Promote and participate in a culture of environmental sustainability.
Diversity & Equity
• Undertake all duties with an awareness of and sensitivity to diversity and equity in accordance with Council policy.
• Ensure that complete and accurate records relating to business activities are maintained and stored in Council’s electronic records management system (including correspondence, reports, emails) in accordance with Council policy.
• Required to undertake other duties as directed.
• Demonstrated knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, Publisher, Visio and Project.
• Problem solving skills.
• Knowledge of mobile technologies such as Apple iPhones, iPads, Android, and Windows Mobile.
• Knowledge of major aspects of computer support including PC hardware (Intel and Apple), image management, software distribution, output device management, VOIP and networked applications.
• A basic understanding of principles of data and voice network operation and troubleshooting.
• A basic understanding of anti-malware products and software capability.
• Demonstrated capacity and willingness to learn new systems and applications.
• Commitment and capability to develop easily understood procedural documentation.
• A good understanding of the role and functions of the IT Branch within the context of a Local Government Organisation or the ability to develop this understanding.
If this is an opportunity that you or someone you may know be interested in, please don't hesitate in contacting Olivia on email@example.com or 0426 435 951