Property Maintenance Officer - Local Government
Located only a 30 minute drive from the Melbourne CBD, this renowned Council have contacted us in hopes of finding a Property Maintenance Officer to join their team on a initial 5 month contract which is most likely to extend for the right candidate. This is an exciting opportunity for candidate with proven experience within the Property and Real Estate industry, strong communication and negotiation skills as well as the ability to pick up new systems and processes at speed. Reporting directly into the Property Manager this is a key role within the department where your professional knowledge and past experience will be called upon.
About the job
• To assist in maintaining the function and safety of Council owned buildings and structures
• To assist in enhancing facility users satisfaction with Council’s buildings and structures.
• Completion of building maintenance tasks as required, including the procurement of materials and equipment
• Work as a part of Council’s Property Maintenance team and liaise with and organise sub contractors and other trades in relation to minor reactive building maintenance tasks
• Ensure that all tools, machinery, plant and equipment used by the property maintenance team are checked, maintained tested and tagged according to councils OH&S practices and the manufacturer’s recommendations
• Participate in the deployment and carrying out of property maintenance team operational practices that comply with Occupational Health & safety, Risk, and best practice Asset management
• Role model Council’s Vision, Values and Customer Service Charter to work peers, team members, contractors and the community.
Key Experience & Specialist Skills
• Safe and competent operation of hand, power tools, plant and machinery
• Ability to work to plans including the reading of detailed construction drawings and documentation
• Ability to estimate and procure materials and equipment required to carry out various maintenance tasks
• Ability to work at Heights over 2 metres
• Appropriate knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Regulations
• Awareness and capability to inspect and maintain tools, plant and machinery.
This position plays an important role in Councils Leisure & Facilities Team, working closely with other members of the team, the community, service contractors and other Council service units to ensure the Council provides functional, safe and desirable facilities. So if you feel you can do this and would love to have an opportunity working in a Local Council please don't hesitate in contacting Olivia on email@example.com or 0426 435 951