Food Technologist – Value Added Meats - Food Manufacturing
Love creating food products? We are seeking a talented Food Technologist to work with an inspirational owner on some fantastic products within a growing artisan family business.
• South East Melbourne location
• Permanent full time role
• Newly created position due to growth!
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Product Developer to develop new food products and improve existing product lines within the business. This company have come from humble beginnings and now operate a production facility, retail outlets and strong distribution channels. Everything revolves around product quality, to ensure both retail and wholesale customer’s needs are exceeded. This is a newly created position which will also involve putting systems and processes in place and to ensure production efficiencies. You will have a strong background in creating value added meat products and have your finger on the pulse with the latest technology, trends and concepts in the market. If you have achieved getting products to market in the past, are a passionate foodie, have a food science background and have a creative mind, we would love to hear from you.
Typical role responsibilities will include:
• Work closely with Senior management on concepts
• Formulate and document all recipes – specifications, BOM etc
• Advise on what is technically possible and not possible
• Review current product offerings for quality and consistency
• Review processes and procedures and make improvements where necessary
• Conduct product and shelf life tests
• Provide advice on food safety and allergen management
• Participate in product evaluation
To be successful in this role, you will have:
• Qualifications in Food Science or a related discipline
• Extensive experience in high volume food production or manufacturing
• Experience with a broad range of meat and meat related ingredients
• Ability to design and implement systems and processes
• A demonstrated passion for food
• High attention to detail
• Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
• Ability to build and sustain strong business relationships
On offer is a generous salary package between $80,000 - $90,000 + super and great benefits which include working with the owner of the business, a great company culture, career opportunities as the business grows and a company which prides itself on the quality of its products.
Interested candidates can apply through the link below or for a confidential discussion, please contact Stuart Dixon at Osborne Richardson Australia on +61 405 696 655 or email email@example.com