Civil Design Engineer (Technical) - Local Government
Osborne Richardson are delighted to be working alongside this Council in Melbourne for an experienced Civil Design Engineer. This is initially a 6 month contract in which the team are looking for someone to undertake a mixture of in house designs with the 20/21 Roads renewal team, therefore experience in the use of Civil 3D software and road alignments, drainage capacities and checks are ESSENTIAL.
The objectives of this position is to investigate and produce solutions to drainage and flood related issues in relation to drainage infrastructure as part of Councils four year Drainage Improvement Programme. (Capital works)
• Undertake project scoping, conceptual and preliminary/details designs and
construction cost estimates for Capital works
• Undertake full designs using Civil 3D and Civil Site design and cost estimates
• Undertake Road, drainage, LATM and WSUD designs
• Provide accurate and reliable technical advice to both external customers and to
internal organisational service and policy areas.
• Project Manage external contractors specialist and design consultants with the
delivery of the improvement programme.
• Liaise with internal departments, residents, ratepayers and stakeholders and/or
interested parties as appropriate, regrading proposed designs.
Knowledge, skills and Qualifications:
• Tertiary (Degree) qualification in Civil Engineering, eligible for Professional
Membership of the Institute of Engineers, Australia.
• A minimum of five years Civil Engineering experience in civil design and/or Project
Management of local government infrastructure
• Demonstrated experience in scoping, Project Managing, design, estimating and
delivery of infrastructure projects.
• Knowledge of the use of design software Mainly AutoCAD, Civil 3d & Civil Site
• Knowledge of Water Sensitive Urban Design principals and design requirements is
• Experience in Microsoft Office suite software and GIS software
• Current Victorian Drivers Licence.
If you would like a full PD for this position or would like to apply, please contact Vicky Hills at Vicky@ORAUS.com.au