Samms Change Management Lead - Local Government
Osborne Richardson lead the way in finding the best skilled roles for professionals in Local Government throughout Australia. We are experienced professionals ourselves who have worked in these roles, have the networks in place and understand the requirements. This gives you a head start on any other applicant and any other recruiter.
This Change Management Lead role is set to run up until late October of 2019 with the chance of extension. This is a key role in the Strategic Asset Management & Maintenance System Project (SAMMS) Core Project Team and will ensure the project meets its expected outcomes by leading and managing the development and implementation of all change and training initiatives through the active engagement of all relevant stakeholders and impacted council employees.
About the Project:
The project's objective is to implement a SAMMS solution and associated business processes that will enable the organisation to have an integrated, standardised and fit-for-purpose system for the management of assets and asset information for the following asset classes:
• Transport (e.g. Road, Bridges, Footpaths etc.)
• Water and Wastewater
• Stormwater drainage
• Buildings and other structures
• Parks and Open Space
• Fleet and Plant
The SAMMS project has been initiated to:
• Balance customers' service expectations with the cost of managing our city's physical assets.
• Manage assets at the lowest possible cost and risk to meet defined levels of service.
• Provide good quality data to support informed, evidence based decision-making.
The project will introduce a range of people, process and technology changes to Council over three (3) planned phases.
Phase 1 - Foundation
This includes project establishment and establishment of the following elements: asset component register, data model, integration (DM, GIS, and Pathway), work order management, condition and performance monitoring, data integrity and process standardisation. Improvements will also be undertaken to the following supporting functions: procurement, inventory management, financial management and reporting.
Phase 2 - Consolidation
This includes strategic asset management functionality (predictive modelling, capital project management, capital works planning, and portfolio management), evaluation and enhancement of financial and asset management functions.
Phase 3 - Transformation
Advanced strategic asset management functionality, benefits realisation and using the data and knowledge we now have to make better decisions, levels of service review.
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications:
• Tertiary qualifications (degree or higher) in change management, organisational psychology or relevant equivalent experience.
• Thorough knowledge and demonstrated experience in leading change management in a large complex organisation utilising implementation strategies to enable the achievement of organisational goals and objectives.
• Demonstrated ability to provide specialist and strategic expertise advice in change management and training activities.
• Knowledge of change management frameworks and experience implementing change programs for large IT system/solution projects is essential.
• Strong planning and analysis ability with the ability to work to tight and conflicting deadlines.
• Experience and knowledge in agile methodologies and frameworks.
• Demonstrated experience in corporate communications with high level of stakeholder engagement, including the ability to:
- negotiate, advocate, engage and present information clearly;
- communicate with influence on sensitive/complex matters at an individual employee, team and management level;
To be successful in this role you need to demonstrate the following:
• Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing change management roadmaps, strategies, and plans for large IT system/solution projects (preferably) in a large complex environment.
• Demonstrated ability to work productively as part of a high performing team to ensure achievements and outcomes are met, including building, maintaining and fostering good relationships with colleagues and clients and team members.
• Demonstrated experience in operating and successful delivery project outcomes using agile methodologies and frameworks.
Expectations & Requirements:
• Possession of a current Class C driver's licence is essential.
•Undergo employment related background checks.
If this looks like something of interest to you or someone you may know please don't hesitate in contacting Sean on 0499 881 985 or firstname.lastname@example.org