Principle Planner (Technical)-Local Government
Osborne Richardson are pleased to be working on behalf of our Local Authority client based in Brisbane for a Principle Planner. The purpose of the role is to provide specialist planning expertise in the delivery of strategic planning and economic development services. This is initially a 6 month contract with scope for extension.
About the role:
• Operate as a technical expert, providing mentorship and guidance to team
members to achieve required outcomes within specified timeframes
• Provide accurate and timely information and expert advice to strategic planning and economic development matters
• Partner and foster strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders in the development and implementation of key policy around the planning scheme, infrastructure planning, significant major projects and key placemaking activities.
• Partner with key internal and external stakeholders to identify opportunities for continuous improvement of business processes to achieve value and efficiency, while driving a continuous improvement, performance, and customer focussed culture within the team.
Skills and experience:
• Demonstrated relevant experience in a similar role or a role requiring a similar skill set.
• Comprehensive knowledge of strategic and land use planning processes, including the Planning Act 2016, SEQ Regional Plan, Council local laws and policies, or the ability to quickly acquire this information.
• Expert knowledge of urban planning and development issues specifically around legislation reform and placemaking combined an ability to generate innovative, commercially cognisant solutions, and deliver on our commitment of continual improvement.
• Degree in urban and regional planning, urban design, landscape architecture or other relevant field.
• Current C class driver’s licence.
If you require any additional information or PD, please contact Vicky Hills at Vicky@ORAUS.com.au