Senior Urban Planner - Local Government
Osborne Richardson are delighted to be searching for an Senior Urban Designer for our local council client located in Brisbane To provide specialist advice on urban design and place making matters in the delivery of strategic planning and economic development services within the area in accordance with relevant legislation and Council procedures, policies and directives.
• Provide technical expertise and guidance to team members to achieve required outcomes, within required timeframes and in a professional manner.
• Develop and maintain a high standard of innovation and technical competence in urban design and placemaking and provide advice to the unit about these functions.
• Partner and foster strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders to facilitate major projects and key policy reform within a customer focussed culture within the team.
• Programmatically manage tasks and complex projects to achieve performance outcomes and contribute to the strategic direction and vision of the division.
• Contribute to the development and implementation of key policy around the planning scheme, infrastructure planning, significant major projects and key place-making activities.
• Represent Council at a range of customer meetings, community and business forums.
• Contribute to the review of the activities, business processes, procedures and policies of the strategic planning and economic development teams to ensure relevance, currency and timely best practice outcomes and customer service are achieved.
Work Experiences and Skills – essential
• Demonstrated relevant experience in a similar role or a role requiring a similar skill set.
• Comprehensive knowledge of planning, urban design and placemaking processes, including the Planning Act 2016, SEQ Regional Plan, Council local laws and policies, or the ability to quickly acquire this information.
• Demonstrated high level of judgment, conceptual and analytical skills in formulating, applying and adapting policies, using strategic approaches to achieve desired community outcomes.
• Highly-developed interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to communicate complex concepts and negotiate sustainable outcomes.
Academic, Trade Qualifications and other Licences – essential
• Degree in urban design, landscape architecture or other relevant field.
• Current C class driver’s licence.
For more information please send your resume to email@example.com