Senior Planner x 4 - Local Government
Osborne Richardson are searching for 4 senior planners on behalf of our council client located between Brisbane and the Sunshine Coast. To provide expertise in the delivery of strategic planning and economic development services within the council area in accordance with relevant legislation and Council procedures, policies and directives.
• Provide technical expertise and guidance to team members to achieve required outcomes, within required timeframes and in a professional manner.
• Develop and maintain a high standard of innovation and technical competence in strategic planning and/or urban design and provide advice to the unit about these functions.
• Partner with key internal and external stakeholders to facilitate major projects and key policy reform within a customer focussed culture within the team.
• Programmatically manage tasks and complex projects to achieve performance outcomes and contribute to the strategic direction and vision of the division.
• Contribute to the development and implementation of key policy around the planning scheme, infrastructure planning, significant major projects and key place-making activities.
• Represent Council at a range of customer meetings, community and business forums.
Work Experiences and Skills – essential
• Demonstrated relevant experience in a similar role or a role requiring a similar skill set.
• Comprehensive knowledge of strategic and land use planning processes, including the Sustainable Planning Act and soon to commence Planning Act 2016, Council local laws and policies.
• Demonstrated high level of judgment, conceptual and analytical skills in formulating, applying and adapting policies, using strategic approaches to achieve desired community outcomes.
• Highly-developed interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to communicate complex concepts and negotiate sustainable outcomes.
Academic, Trade Qualifications and other Licences – essential
• Degree in Urban and Regional Planning recognised by the Planning Institute of Australia.
Current C class driver’s licence
For more information please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org