Development Engineer - Local Government
Osborne Richardson are a specialist recruitment consultancy within technical roles to local councils throughout Australia. We are delighted to be searching for an experienced Development Engineer for a 6 month contract on behalf of our council client located in the Inner Western region of Sydney.
You will be an experienced engineer with a strong track record across development applications and consents. In addition you will ensure the successful development, acceptance and implementation of policies, strategies, procedures and specifications.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Contribute to the provision of well managed public assets and engineering services
• Responsive management of customer requests, development referrals and/or applications for infrastructure services and associated compliance
• Development related consents under S138 of the Roads Act.
• Timely provision of professional/ technical advice and recommendations to both internal & external customers.
• Effective engineering input into the development assessment process ensuring Council’s requirements for infrastructure and associated impacts are met.
• Contributing to the development and regular review of development engineering related policies, procedures and specifications to maintain currency and relevance to Council objectives and community expectations and model industry best practice.
• Contributing to the development and review of S94 Contribution Plans to identify needs and opportunities for improvements to Council infrastructure.
• Tertiary qualifications in civil engineering or other appropriate discipline recognised by a relevant Australian professional institute.
• Comprehensive experience in establishing engineering conditions of consent and successful management of development related activities impacting public infrastructure.
• Working knowledge of Roads Act, Local Government Act and Environmental Planning & Assessment Act and associated regulations.
• Sound experience in the design and construction of civil infrastructure.
• A strong customer service ethic and a capacity to support innovative thinking.
• Strong interpersonal & communication skills
• Current NSW Class C Driver’s License.
For more information please contact Vicky at email@example.com