Demand Planning Manager
Our client is an innovative food manufacturer and processor, supplying quality foods nationally. Their Sydney facility has the need of a new Demand Planning Manager to ensure alignment of purchasing & inventory to form the basis of plans and schedules.
You will directly manage a team of 4 across planning & inventory staff in addition to:
- Generate quarterly Demand Plan for the site
- Co-ordinate and compile Production Schedules
- Participate in Ops meetings and provide SOP data
- Interact with Sales Account Managers to ensure current sales trends are known & covered and any potential Short supply or Excess stocks are actioned – minimise Shorts & material Dumps.
- Interact with NPD team to ensure all facets of the PD process are covered off within the Planning team.
- Assist the Operations management team to prepare for and execute Production trials & launches.
- Interact with Procurement team to assist them with the management of Stock levels
- Plan daily production volumes based on historical data, sales indicators and finished goods stocks.
- Work with Production Managers, Purchasing and Dispatch to review production plans in terms of capacity and resources to ensure objectives are met within parameters.
- Facilitate effective communication with key stakeholders.
- Find solutions to complex sourcing issues.
The successful candidate will have:
Minimum 5 years in a Planning/Purchasing role within FMCG
Strong experience with MRP (Pronto)
A relevant tertiary qualification would be advantageous
Strong experience dealing with suppliers (ingredients)