Business Support Officer (Band 4) - Local Government
Osborne Richardson are proud to present this Business Support Officer role, on behalf of a renowned Local Government based in the second largest city and an hour south of Melbourne's CBD. This is initially a 2 month role with the chance for extension for the right candidate.
The objective of this role will be to provide administrative service to the unit, ensuring compliance with all corporate procedures. As well as delivering professional support services to the department in an efficient and effective way and to act as first point of contact for customers.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
1. Assist with the provision of efficient and effective administrative support for the Unit.
2. Create and maintain internal processes so as to ensure that the department’s corporate and statutory requirements are met.
3. Assist in the development and maintenance of databases.
4. Prepare reports, correspondence and presentations.
5. Assist with basic research projects, as requested.
6. Assist in answering telephone enquiries in relation to the Community Laws & Compliance operations and other related activities.
7. Pro-actively cultivate and maintain strong team relationships among colleagues on a formal and informal basis across all Council functions.
8. Generally contribute in a positive manner to the culture of mutual respect and customer focus within the department as outlined in Council’s Vision, Values and Behaviours.
9. Assist in the establishment, development and maintenance of systems and procedures used within the unit.
10. Participate in training programs designed to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
11. To contribute to the efficient and effective operations of the Business Unit, Community Laws & Compliance.
12. Adhere to Council’s policies on ethics, duty of care, professional standards, legal requirements, resident complaints and confidentiality.
13. Adherence to all Council’s policies and procedures as relevant to this position.
14. Carry out other duties as deemed reasonable and appropriate to the role as directed from time to time.
Key Selection Criteria:
1. Well developed research, analytical, interpretive and problem solving skills.
2. Highly developed computer skills including a high level of competency in word processing, spreadsheets, databases and other software. Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
3. Demonstrated experience in and administration role.
4. High level of customer service skills.
5. Well developed literacy, numeracy and oral communication skills.
6. Demonstrated high level of organisational skills.
7. Ability to work without supervision in a team environment and to organise and manage own time to achieve targets within a set timetable
8. All candidates should display integrity, responsibility, respect for others and the ability to be innovative.
1. Demonstrated knowledge and skills in the use of Council’s Pathways Management System or similar.
2. Knowledge of State, Federal and Local Government activities and programs relating to the Department would be an advantage.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Certificate IV Business Administration highly desirable
• Office administration experience and well developed PC skills are essential
• Appreciation for the complex nature of sourcing information, and the development and accurate maintenance of data bases and systems.
• Demonstrated experience in working in a similar administrative role with a customer service focus.
If this is something you'd like to hear more about or are interested in pursuing this opportunity, then don't hesitate to contact Olivia on 0426 435 951 or email@example.com