Drainage and Design Engineer-Local Government
Osborne Richardson are delighted to be working along side this Community Focused Council located in Western Melbourne. Initially this contract role is set to run for 6 months with a high chance of extension for the right candidate.
The role objective is to undertake drainage investigations and design, and facilitate developer funded works so to meet appropriate engineering design standards for the protection and improvement of council’s assets.
Key Responsibilities and duties:
• Drainage Management
• Complete drainage designs in accordance with relevant standards assisting in the delivery of Council’s Capital Works Program.
• Investigate and review customer enquiries relating to drainage and flooding concerns within the municipality.
• Lead the development and implementation of strategic plans and studies for improved drainage outcomes within the municipality.
• Implement Integrated Water Management principles into all new developments and assist in the integration into Council’s capital works projects.
• Engineering Developments
• Investigate and review customer enquiries and town planning referrals relating to engineering infrastructure requirements so as to meet statutory and organisation timeframes.
• Conduct engineering design checking, construction supervision and management of development impacts for developer works.
• Review and respond to engineering information service requests including Legal Point of Discharge and Build Over Easement requests.
Qualifications and experience:
• Formal relevant tertiary engineering qualifications and experience in traffic and transport strategic planning within the community infrastructure setting.
• Demonstrated experience in traffic engineering and management and demonstrated knowledge of current traffic management trends.
• Well-developed skills and expertise in community consultation and liaison with a demonstrated customer first focus.
• Sound knowledge and understanding of the Occupational, Health and Safety Act and regulations.
• Eligible to be a member of the Institution of Engineers Australia or equivalent.
If you interested in this role or would like a full PD please contact Vicky at Vicky@ORAUS.com.au