Senior Project Officer (Economic Development and Strategy)
Osborne Richardson are delighted to bring an outstanding Project Management and Business Analysis opportunity to the market, here in SEQ. Working with one of our largest Local Government clients in Southern Brisbane, you will take on the role of Senior Project Officer in their Economic Development and Strategy Branch, on an initial 3 month contract.
In this role, you will find yourself heading a team of Business Analysts who will be tasked with monitoring, reviewing and enhancing business processes and systems to support improved decision making and customer experience. To truly thrive in this role you will have to be able to apply your extensive Project Management, Business Analysis or Business Systems knowledge and experience, therefore ensuring the effective and efficient use of information, systems and processes in the branch.
With this in mind, your main duties will have you:
• Plan and facilitate reviews and improvements to complex processes, systems and policies
• Identify and communicate emerging trends and opportunities for business improvement
• Develop and present complex proposals for change, with appropriate stakeholder engagement and risk management approaches
• Manage risks, issues and detractors both in person and through appropriate correspondence to ensure the effective and timely implementation of projects
• Operate as a lead analyst on complex and cross-functional projects/initiatives which deliver against an organisation’s strategies and plans
• Prepare and deliver presentations to teams on system, process and related changes
• Chair meetings with external stakeholders, representing Council in a professional manner which reflects our values and vision
• Build and proactively sustain effective working relationships within the state government, across local councils and with relevant industry stakeholders
Candidates with formal qualifications in Project Management, Business or Systems, will be highly regarded. Extensive experience working as a Business Analyst and/or Change Manager will also set you out from the crowd.
As always, we are more than happy to discuss this role in greater detail with you. Please call Owen Millar on 0414 706 605 or email Owen@oraus.com.au.