Production Manager - Food Manufacturing
Our client is a thriving food processor based in the Shepparton & Goulburn Valley region, who, as part of a larger group, have access to a wide but strong customer base including major retailers. This growth necessitates the need for a new Production Manager to sit across both shifts. The role will supervise up to 35 personnel, with 3 direct reports and you will be responsible for instilling best practice, Lean manufacturing and lifting quality standards using the skills of your team.
- To support and drive the company's values in everyday activities;
- Implement and control production - operating on time with correct settings and staff levels in order to meet daily targets;
- Ensure that standard operating procedures are adhered to by all production staff;
- Provide leadership to all staff within production ensuring that work is carried out in a manner consistent with quality, food safety and H&S standards;
- Analyze production to detect and correct problems and implement solutions;
- Identify and implement opportunities for cost savings and continuous improvement;
- Develop and mentor direct reports, and identify staff members with potential for development.
- Previous Production Manager/Shift Supervisor experience in a food manufacturer/processor
- Experience in the meat industry, particularly Value Add, a distinct advantage
- Sound knowledge of H&S, HACCP, GMP
- Excellent decision making abilities
- Ability to build and motivate teams
- Strong Continuous Improvement abilities using principles such as Lean Manufacturing
Should you wish to apply for this opportunity, please forward your current CV to email@example.com