Design Engineer - 6 month contract - local council
“At its heart engineering is about using science to find creative practical solutions. It’s a noble profession.” – Queen Elizabeth II
Osborne Richardson are a specialist recruitment consultancy across Planning, Engineering, Compliance and Environmental Health to local government throughout Australia. I am Vicky Hills, I have worked for Osborne Richardson since 2015 and I look after our engineering and planning opportunities. In total I have over 15 years recruitment experience and I am always seeking to hear from candidates within these disciplines. I don’t advertise all of my roles, so please do reach out if you are looking for an opportunity and I assure you I will do my best to find you something. I work both across metropolitan and regional councils throughout all of Australia.
We are searching for an experienced Design Engineer on behalf of our council client located in Melbourne’s Western Suburbs. This district is rich with history and culture and is experiencing a large period of growth and investment. Despite being located just 10km’s from Melbourne’s CBD this council is rich with grasslands, coastal lines and flora and fauna habitats.
On offer to the successful candidate is a 6 month guaranteed contract with the possibility of a further extension and an hourly rate of $42.76 plus super.
• Undertake base surveys, design development, estimation, full design with construction drawings using AutoCAD/Civil 3D.
• Undertake technical investigations and prepare reports on a range of civil design projects.
• Undertake feasibility assessments such as heritage, environmental and cultural considerations and legislative requirements for the purposes of determining project scope, design development and estimation of works,
• Perform the role of contract/project administrator and supervisor on assigned projects and works.
• Engage and manage multi-disciplinary consultant teams to achieve design objectives within budget expectations.
• Monitor project plans to ensure objectives are being satisfied and provide timely advice to the Coordinator on any anticipated delays affecting project commitments.
• Review all design documentation prepared and ensure that it is correct to a high degree of accuracy, suitable for construction and in accordance with all relevant standards and legislation.
• Co-ordinate and liaise with other respective authorities and agencies for the purposes of contributing to feasibility investigations or works and project delivery.
• Formal tertiary qualification in Civil Engineering or approved equivalent. Design or Construction engineering qualifications preferred
• Competency in use of computer software and engineering devices including Civil 3D AutoCAD, and databases, total stations, drones etc.
• Proven contract and project management skills with demonstrated capacity to work simultaneously within available resources including timelines and budgets.
• Excellent interpersonal, well-developed written, verbal communication skills and organisational skills particularly demonstrating capacity to build collaborative working relationships with a customer first approach.
For more information on this opportunity or to talk to me about other opportunities then please forward your resume to me at firstname.lastname@example.org or feel free to contact me on 0415 054 778.