Site Quality Assurance Manager – Food manufacturing
A site QA Manager’s role has become available with a leading national food processor based in Sydney’s inner west.
• Part of the site leadership team
• Full responsibility for Quality Assurance on site
• Full time permanent role with career development opportunities
• Fresh Salads, wet applications and ready to eat products
• Media liaison opportunities
• Full support for training and development of staff
• Lead a very competent team
• Form working relationships with growers, customers and the owners of the business!
About the opportunity:
A position for a Site Quality Assurance Manager is available with one of Australia’s leading food processors based in Sydney’s inner west. Our client has enjoyed significant growth and is now one of Australia’s most recognised fresh food suppliers. This company supply fresh produce and ready to eat products to a variety of customers around the country.
Reporting to the National Technical Manager and the Site General Manager, your role will be to lead quality assurance, regulatory and compliance for this site. We are seeking a hands-on but strategic manager who can provide technical advice, lead external audits, develop staff and take on a media product liaison role for the company. The National Technical manager is very helpful, strategically minded and has a wealth of knowledge to assist you while the senior leadership team on site are very supportive.
Typical duties include:
• Review and improve internal food safety systems
• Lead site certifications and customer audits – SQF, WSE, CFMSR, Aldi, Organic, NSW Food Authority etc
• Develop strong relationships with customers and resolve any issues such as complaints, product quality and non conformances
• Build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
• Liaise on all quality issues and provide strong problem solving abilities
• Regulatory duties – coordinate labelling, NIPs, allergen management etc.
• Coordinate product testing to ensure product safety
• Report all QA information to the national leadership team
• Act as a media liaison with customers
• Other duties as required
In order to be considered for this position, you must meet the following criteria:
• Qualifications in food science or a related discipline
• Extensive experience in QA and technical roles within food manufacturing (essential)
• Previous site QA management experience
• Strong with customer relationships and public speaking
• Experience with reporting to senior management
• High attention to detail
• Outstanding communication skills
A fantastic six figure salary, development opportunities and tools of the trade are available for the right candidate. Furthermore, you will have great support, access to a wide array of stakeholders and media liaison opportunities. Interested applicants can apply through the link below or for a confidential discussion, please contact Stuart Dixon at Osborne Richardson Australia on 0405696655 or email email@example.com
Please Note: You must have rights to work in Australia to be considered for this position.