Workplace Health and Safety Officer
Osborne Richardson are delighted to bring an exceptional Workplace Health and Safety role to the Melbourne market.
You will be joining a fantastic Local Government team located in Eastern Melbourne as a Workplace Health and Safety Officer. The role on offer is an immediate start and is scheduled to run initially until Christmas. Ongoing work after the Christmas break is a distinct possibility with this opportunity.
As a Council WHS Officer, you will undertake a wide variety of roles to safeguard the staff and customers of the Council. These will include:
• Supporting the development and implementation of the OHS Management System, including an OHS Strategy, policies, and procedures.
• Providing training, guidance and support to managers, HSRs and employees to manage issues and develop risk prevention strategies, including assisting with the development of Safe Work Method Statements.
• Undertaking internal and external field/site audits, including contractor compliance.
• Assisting with investigations into incidents and recommending/implementing corrective actions.
• Assisting in the provision of advice in relation to incident and injury management and workers compensation claims
In order to excel in this role, we would ask you to strongly align with the following key skills and experience:
1. A relevant tertiary qualification in occupational health and safety, risk management, or other related field.
2. A driver’s licence valid in Victoria.
3. Demonstrated experience delivering contemporary and practical OHS solutions and providing OHS advice.
4. Ability to gain cooperation and assistance from employees at all levels of the organisation.
5. Excellent oral and written communication skills, including facilitation skills and the ability to prepare reports.
6. Demonstrated ability to complete tasks within tight timeframes and the flexibility to respond to changing priorities.
7. Sound understanding of the Occupational Health and Safety Act 2014, regulations, and relevant standards.
If you like what you see and would like to discuss the role in greater detail, please feel free to get in touch with Owen Millar on 0414 706 605 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.