Quality Assurance Manager – High Risk Food
We are seeking an enthusiastic quality assurance professional for an autonomous QA role in a new site with a growing food manufacturer.
• Brand new facility
• Northern suburbs location
• Meat / high risk product experience is highly regarded
An exciting opportunity for a highly experienced Quality Assurance Manager has become available in the northern suburbs of Melbourne. This company has experienced very strong growth over the last couple of years and have expanded their operations by building a new site with all the latest technology and equipment. With the majority of the systems setup and running, this role will involve leading food safety, maintaining quality management systems and working closely with other managers to ensure consistency and quality of the products produced.
The business is continuing to grow ensuring there are further opportunities for career development. The senior management team is very supportive, easy to get along with and will ensure you have all the tools and resources you need to succeed in the role. There is also a competent team to lead and assist with all QA duties. The products involved are high risk, chilled, further processed meat products, therefore we are seeking an applicant with strong experience dealing with retail customers and certifying bodies.
Typical duties include:
• Develop and implement all food safety and QA systems
• Take the lead for gaining further accreditations / certifications
• Lead all external audits (SQF, WSE, CFMSR, Primesafe etc)
• Uphold GMP and HACCP standards and procedures and conduct internal audits
• Respond and resolve customer complaints – Root cause analysis
• Develop product testing schedule
• Calibrate and validate new machinery
• Training production on quality procedures
• Close out any non-conformances
• Work with all stakeholders in the business
• Develop and lead the QA team
• Other duties and responsibilities as required
In order to be considered for this opportunity, you must meet the following criteria:
• Qualifications in food science / technology
• Extensive Quality Assurance experience in high risk food manufacturing (meat)
• Previous experience with Primesafe and domestic retailer audits
• Demonstrated ability to lead and develop teams
• Strong problem solving and conflict resolution skill
• High attention to detail
• Strong communication skills both written and verbal
A competitive six figure salary package is on offer as well as further responsibilities and a fantastic brand new environment to work in. You will work with the latest machinery and technologies and help contribute to the success of the new plant.
Interested applicants can apply through the link below or for a confidential discussion, please contact Stuart Dixon at Osborne Richardson Australia on 0405 696 655 or email email@example.com
Please note: You must have rights to work in Australia to apply for this position as sponsorship is not offered for this role.