• Located in picturesque Tasmania
• National and growing business
• Great development opportunities
Are you after a sea change and tree change in one? This is the opportunity for you! Our client is seeking an experienced New Product Developer to develop new products and improve existing products within this nationally growing business. Located close to Hobart, the region boasts a combination of lifestyle choices, natural beauty and assets - temperate climate, fishing, diving, bushwalking and clean beaches make it a perfect place to settle. There are options to live by the water or in the peace and quiet of the country. There is plenty to do if you like the outdoors while having the convenience of a major metro area close to work.
This company went through a restructure a couple of years ago and are now going from strength to strength by building new facilities, acquiring new businesses and expanding their product range. The main customers they supply to, are major retailers and other food service markets around the country. Reporting to the head of sales and innovation, your role will be to assist with product development and ensure the products produced are of a high quality and to customer specification.
Management are driving positive change and have great plans to grow the products offered as there are some great concepts to work on, with all the tools you need to develop new products. If you are seeking a change in direction or exposure to a different product range within high risk, we would love to hear from you.
• Develop new products and improve existing recipes
• Follow stage gate process from concept to launch
• Identify trends in the market and concepts
• Execute shelf life tests and ensure high quality of the product
• Liaise with suppliers
• Develop costings and assist with regulatory requirements
• Participate in product sensory evaluation
• Create ingredient specifications and bill of materials to ensure safety and consistency of finished products
To be successful in this role, you will have:-
• Qualifications in Food Science or Technology
• Experience within food manufacturing
• Strong knowledge of the stage gate process
• Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
• High attention to detail
There is some great growth happening with this company and true career opportunities down the track. You will also have the satisfaction of seeing your work in the major retailers! The salary will be determined by experience but as a guide, we are considering applicants in the $80,000 - $100,000 + super range. There is also the possibility of relocation costs offered as well. Interested candidates can apply through the link below or for a confidential discussion, please contact Stuart Dixon at Osborne Richardson Australia on +61 405 696 655 or email email@example.com
Please note: You must have rights to work in Australia to be considered for this opportunity.