Treatment Plant Operator-Local Government
An exciting opportunity for a Treatment Plant Operator has arisen with Livingstone Shire Council on a 5 month contract with potential for extension.
This position supports Councils direction by providing effective and efficient operation and monitoring of water and or/sewage treatment plant processes and infrastructure in a manner that is compliant with regulatory, environmental, safety and service level performance requirements.
* Deliver effective and efficient operation of water and/or sewerage treatment process plants and associated infrastructure.
* Provide monitoring and analysis of water and/or sewerage treatment plant processes and the status of other key water and wastewater system assets in accordance with internal operational standards and with national and state guidelines and regulatory requirements.
* Record and collate operational and process performance data for internal and external reporting requirements.
* Supervise the unloading and storage of chemicals used in the water and sewerage treatment plant process operations.
* Maintain an inventory of treatment chemicals and other high use consumables needed for treatment processes and advise on ordering requirements.
* Carry out plant inspections, equipment checks and calibrations, regular routine
housekeeping and maintenance at treatment plants.
* Sound knowledge of key water quality guidelines and regulatory requirements including NH&MRC and State Government administered documents and legislation.
* Sound knowledge of the fundamentals of water and wastewater treatment processes and drinking water supply systems.
* Thorough knowledge of work practices and policies relevant to the work area.
* Certificate 111 in water / waste water industry
Please contact Vicky Hills on 0415 054778 or vicky@ORAUS.com.au for a full PD or to apply for this role.