Water Project Manager-Local Government
New South Wales Sydney
A fantastic opportunity has arisen with this great Sydney based local council for a Water Project Manager for a 6 month contract, with potential for extension.
The purpose of this role is to effectively coordinate and lead operational water management of the Council’s parks and open spaces too meet the Council’s water targets. Delivering on the parks water savings action plan and contribute to the Council being a leading environmental performer.
About the role:
• Develop, implement and manage water projects to enable responsible, holistic water management of the City’s parks. Ensure projects are effectively planned, designed, procured, managed, constructed and completed at the highest possible quality standards, using best practice project and asset management principles and delivered within the constraints of adopted time frames and budgets.
• Develop and manage ongoing service contracts relating to water management within parks (operational and maintenance of recycled water and irrigation systems) to drive reductions in potable water use. Ensure operations and assets are managed efficiently, best practice approaches to water management and innovation are embedded in contracts and outcomes are monitored and measured
• Drive a reduction in parks potable water use to meet organisational targets.
• Coordinate delivery of holistic water management across City parks through engagement with internal and external operational staff. Implement process improvements to standardise processes and increase capability of operational staff.
• Manage complex projects and contracts relating to parks water management, recycled water and irrigation to meet defined time, quality, risk and budget parameters. Deliver projects and contracts in line with the City’s processes and policies
• Develop specifications, technical investigations, contracts and other service delivery arrangements for water projects and programs, and ensure service provider compliance with specifications through appropriate controls and effective performance management.
• Undertake detailed review, critical analysis and assessment of technical reports provided by consultants and provide expert advice and clear direction to resolve issues and drive improved water outcomes.
• Liaise, provide professional advice and communicate extensively with both internal and external stakeholders, including but not limited to customers, authorities, service providers, residents and ratepayers, operational staff, senior staff and other levels of government.
• Tertiary qualifications at degree level in Engineering, Sustainability or Environmental Management or a similar engineering or science discipline with experience in water management.
• Demonstrated experience in developing, implementing and monitoring water projects and strategies to meet organisational objectives
• Project management experience and a track record in managing all stages of the project lifecycle including feasibility, consultants and contractors, documentation, authority approvals, procurement processes, contract administration, process development and implementation, risk management and handover
• Highly developed oral and written communication skills with experience in analysing data and reports to draw out key findings, provide clear advice, present information effectively, and to interact with a broad range of senior staff, technical specialists, operational staff community members and other stakeholders.
• Class C drivers licence
If you would like a full PD for the role or more information, please call Vicky Hills on 0415 054778 or email Vicky@oraus.com.au.