Traffic and Transport Engineer
We are seeking applications from experienced Transport Engineers for a 3 month band 6 level contract within a council located West of Melbourne's CBD.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
• Investigate and review customer enquiries and town planning referrals relating to transport and traffic management so as to meet statutory and organisation time frames.
• Lead the development and implementation of strategic plans and studies for improved transport and traffic outcomes within the municipality.
• Review traffic management plans and heavy vehicle permit requests so as to minimise disruption and impact on Council’s transport network.
• Facilitate procurement of new (and replacement) signage for both local and VicRoads arterial roads as required
• Provide advice to the Planning Department on parking and traffic issues as they relate to particular town planning applications
• Assess assigned town planning application referrals
• Provide advice to the Strategic Planning Department on parking, traffic and safety issues with reference to the strategic planning sites
6. QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Formal relevant tertiary engineering qualifications and experience in traffic and transport strategic planning within the community infrastructure setting.
• Demonstrated experience in traffic engineering and management and demonstrated knowledge of current traffic management trends.
• Well-developed skills and expertise in community consultation and liaison with a demonstrated customer first focus.
• Sound knowledge and understanding of the Occupational, Health and Safety Act and regulations.
• Eligible to be a member of the Institution of Engineers Australia or equivalent.