Chief Information Officer
Time to kick your career forward in this outstanding Chief Information Officer role, based in the South-Western suburbs of Sydney. On offer is an initial 3 month contract which will allow you to test the waters before deciding upon whether you will accept the contract extensions likely to be on offer.
In this role, you will utilise your high-level leadership skills and people management experience to ensure that the organisation stays ahead of the curve with it's infrastructure and technology offerings. In this role, you will provide decisive direction and leadership in managing staff and organisation-wide applications to ensure service delivery to the business remains at the highest levels. In this key role you will be tasked with:
• Ensuring internal and external stakeholders' requirements are responded to within acceptable timeframes and to appropriate quality standards
• Developing, setting and executing the strategic direction for the IS Branch of the Council
• Leading a vibrant program of development and refinement of our technology systems, platforms and hardware
• Getting the best out of our people to maximise the productivity, efficiency and effectiveness of Council’s business operations
In order to ensure this challenging and dynamic role is filled by the best candidate that is out there, we would ask you to strongly align with the following key selection criteria:
1. Relevant tertiary qualifications in IT/Leadership and/or demonstrated significant relevant experience at a senior management level (preferably in Local Government)
2. Broad experience in IT infrastructure, developing applications and implementing integrated corporate systems
3. Demonstrated project management and contract management experience
4. Exceptional leadership skills with a passion in role modelling core values and desired behaviours
5. Demonstrated understanding and commitment to continuous improvement and LEAN principles
We are more than happy to speak to you, should you wish to have an informal chat about this role. Feel free to get in touch with Owen Millar on 0414 706 605 or at Owen@oraus.com.au.