Animal & Information Services Officer - Local Gov
Osborne Richardson continue to bring exceptional roles to the market all over Australia and we are excited about this new role.
A role has become available to join the Animal Management team at one of the states leading Local Councils. Situated just 75km from Melbourne in a vibrant and cosmopolitan city with a relaxed coastal flavour, this highly sought after role is penned for an immediate start on an initial 3 month contract with the possibility of an ongoing extension.
No one day will be the same, this challenging role will encompass a wide range of duties including and not limited to;
- Conduct regular animal compliance patrols with respect to animals at large, livestock at large, registration monitoring and other nuisance activities in accordance with adopted rosters.
- Assist the Team Leader to ensure business unit outcomes are delivered in accordance with Council Policy State legislation, Local Laws, Departmental procedures/protocols and other standards.
- Support the Team Leader by assisting other staff to prepare and process legal briefs for court appearance and at times represent council as a prosecutor in the Magistrates Court.
To be considered for this role you will have the following;
- Previous relevant experience in a similar role within Local Council,
- Demonstrated knowledge of legislation in relation to the Unit’s functions and responsibilities is mandatory.
- Applicants with a Certificate 4 Government – Statutory Compliance or are enrolled to achieve the certificate will be well regarded.
- Possess a current Victorian Drivers Licence.
- Satisfactory police check.
Should you require any further information in regards to the role, please feel free to contact Jason Thickett on 0447 904 989 or email@example.com