Senior Development Chef
$70,000 - $80,000
Product Development Chef
Permanent full time role in a great location just 40 minutes north of Brisbane.
* Strong knowledge of food science is required
* Proven track record of creating products, introducing NPD structure and formulating
recipes for large scale production.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced New Product Development Chef to develop new and improve existing food products, ensuring quality and consistency for large scale production. This company have exploded in new business and secured a large array of contracts from multiple avenues. As such their volume has increased significantly, creating a need for a Development Chef with strong food science knowledge and experience. While a they are a small team, their products are of such a high quality, the business development staff are winning new contracts left, right and centre. Management are very experienced leaders within the food industry and the company is very stable. If you have created new food products and successfully launched them to market (in retailers and service providers), have a chef and food science background, creative flair and a talent for up scaling recipes for mass production, we would love to hear from you!
- Develop new product concepts and improve existing recipes for cost savings, efficiencies and consistency.
- Work with management to implement stage gate processes and related documentation.
- Cross functionally liaise with key internal stakeholders, senior management, customers and suppliers of ingredients, raw materials and packaging.
- Formulate recipes for large scale production.
- Ensure all products produced meet customer clean label requirements and specifications.
- Organise production trials and perform product validations.
- Technically troubleshoot and collaborate on any production issues.
- Maximise all site plant and think outside the box on equipment capabilities.
- Create product SOPs, bill of materials to ensure food safety and consistency of finished products.
In order to be considered for this role, you will to have:
- Qualifications in commercial cookery and food science / technology or qualified by experience.
- Track record of creating new products and reformulating for large scale production
- Experience in high volume, high risk food production is an advantage.
- Strong knowledge of food science and technology – such as ingredient alternatives, clean label requirements, allergen management, extracts, preservatives, antioxidants and natural marinades.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Ability to manage projects, implement new processes while dealing with day to day duties.
On offer is a stable employment within a rapidly growing company, a starting salary range of $75,000 - $85,000 + super, fantastic scope and autonomy, plenty of opportunities for the future, a professional, supportive and seasoned management team and an interactive and fast paced work culture.
Interested applicants can apply through the link below or email email@example.com
- We are seeking an experienced chef with food science qualifications and/or experience in food manufacturing.
- You must have full Australian work rights to apply for this position.