Manager Roads and Projects
Osborne Richardson continue to bring exciting State and Local Government roles to the market and this new opportunity is no exception.
Working closely with this leading local council in Far North Queensland, we are looking for a Manager Roads & Projects to join the Infrastructure Services team on a 3 - 6 month contract.
With works relating primarily to roads and drainage infrastructure, the role will be accountable for providing leadership in relation to planning, project management, design and delivery of capital works and maintenance.
Responsibilities will include;
- Lead and manage the Roads and Projects section regarding the planning for and delivery of technical services, capital works and infrastructure maintenance programs across the Council area, including the efficient management and use of human and financial resources to achieve corporate objectives and plans.
- Manage all aspects of the development and implementation of road service-related strategies, policies, procedures, standards, systems and programs to ensure a considered and planned approach to fit for purpose service delivery at lowest whole of life cost.
- Develop, implement and maintain a project management framework and provide governance leadership to project management to ensure consistent, effective and efficient program and project management across Council.
To be considered for this role you will have;
- Relevant tertiary qualification(s).
- Significant relevant work experience at senior management level (preferably in a local government environment and relating to technical or engineering functions).
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in leading the provision of technical services, project management, construction and maintenance services.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills, including a proven track record in developing effective relationships with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
Please apply below, for further information email Jason@oraus.com.au.