Principal Water Engineer
Osborne Richardson continue to bring exceptional roles to the market all over Australia and we are incredibly excited about this great new opportunity.
A leading local council located in Far North Queensland is seeking a Principal Water Engineer to join the Development and Environmental Services team on an initial 6 - 12 month contract.
The role will be tasked with the leading and supervision of the treatment operations teams and to provide technical expertise relating to the water and wastewater treatment functions of Council.
Duties of this role will include;
- Supervise the operation of Councils Water and Wastewater treatment facilities and associated infrastructure in accordance with relevant management plans.
- Oversee water quality sampling programs and ensure statutory reporting obligations are met.
- Provide input to annual budget development including forward planning for capital works.
- Responsible for Council’s statutory/adopted plans including Drinking Water Quality Management Plan, Recycled Water Management Plan, Site Based Management Plans and other plans, and oversee their ongoing implementation, review, update and reporting.
To be considered for this role you will have;
- Relevant Tertiary qualifications in Engineering or related discipline, together with relevant experience relating to the operation/management of water and wastewater treatment facilities and associated resources.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the current Legislative framework, relevant Guidelines and implementation of management plans applicable to Queensland Water Service Providers delivering water and wastewater treatment services.
- High level communication skills, both oral and written, including the ability to investigate, document and prepare reports on technical matters suitable for review and interpretation by a broad audience (technical and non-technical).
- Current C Class manual drivers licence.
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org