Senior Water Compliance and Reporting Officer
Osborne Richardson are still pushing through and battling the COVID landscape as hard as ever to bring some fantastic roles to the market. The reason we do this is to help you out there as we know it's tough going.
This role will see you as the Senior Water/Wastewater Compliance and Reporting Officer in the Council operations. We are delighted to advise that this role will continue until Christmas at the earliest and extensions thereafter are a very real possibility.
In this key role, you will establish procedures and facilitate the achievement of Council’s water and wastewater treatment quality objectives and compliance with statutory obligations and reporting functions. Your main duties will be to:
• Ensure compliance requirements are met for drinking water quality and wastewater/recycled water quality
• Develop and implement applicable Management Plans (eg. Drinking Water Quality Management Plan)
• Develop and implement appropriate risk management practices for water and wastewater treatment systems/operations
• Monitor, audit and review water quality sampling programs, treatment plant log sheets and treatment operational processes for compliance and continuous improvement
• Analyse and interpret water quality and scientific data
• Monitor and provide advice on hazardous chemical and treatment related safety matters
• Report on management systems, key performance indicators, trends and compliance to internal and external stakeholders
• Contribute and provide technical advice and support to other staff regarding management plans, statutory compliance and reporting matters, water/wastewater quality issues and treatment matters and water quality monitoring procedures and equipment
• Liaise with the Regulator (Department of Energy and Water Supply)
• Contribute to the development of new techniques and methodology in the water/wastewater industry
With such a great role, we are seeking to bring a great candidate to our client. Please review and closely align to the following key requirements for the role:
1. High level technical knowledge in Water Quality Management and Compliance
2. Certificate or Diploma level qualification in relevant field together with experience in a similar role
3. Tertiary qualifications in a science, engineering or relevant field, are desirable
4. Queensland C class manual drivers licence
5. Working knowledge of relevant legislation
6. Advanced computer skills and working knowledge of MS Office suite of programs
7. Highly developed interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
8. Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to EEO and WHS principles and practices.
As always, we are happy to chat about this role and give you a better understanding of the duties/requirements. Feel free to call Owen Millar on 0414 706 605 or email Owen@oraus.com.au.