Join the ever-growing Osborne Richardson team and bring your A-game to this key leadership role within this burgeoning Local Council in Central Queensland.
We are seeking an experienced Treatment Technology Supervisor to join the Engineering Treatment team in this great organisation. On offer is an ASAP start and role initially until Christmas. In the current climate, this sort of offer does not come around too often and will go quick!!
Reporting directly to the Coordinator of Asset Delivery/Maintenance, you will supervise the day to day operation of the treatment and bore facilities and the delivery of associated activities, whilst leading the teams at nominated water supply and wastewater treatment facilities. Key duties will include:
• Supervision of the operation of Council’s water treatment facilities, wastewater water treatment facilities and associated assets including bores, reservoirs and pump stations
• Ensuring water and wastewater quality complies with standards nominated by legislation, Acts, Australian Drinking Water Guidelines and Council Policies and Management Plans
• Ensure treatment operational tasks are completed in a timely/cost effective manner
• Ensure sampling programs are undertaken and analysis of parameters are completed
• Utilise SCADA/Telemetry network and associated equipment to monitor key operational parameters and respond to alarms / exceedances accordingly and ensure regular calibration of equipment and meters is carried out
• Assist with gathering data and preparation of reports to meet statutory reporting obligations of the Water Supply Regulator & QLD Health
• Ensure that projects and maintenance programs are delivered on time, to budget and in accordance with specified standards
• Undertake condition assessments for water and sewerage treatment related assets
• Ensure compliance with Council’s Drinking Water Quality Management and Recycled Water Management Plans
We are seeking candidates who will slip effortlessly into this great role, so we ask that you review the following key requirements closely to ensure that this will be the case:
1. Certificate III in Water Industry, or equivalent
2. Demonstrated knowledge and significant experience in the field of municipal water and wastewater treatment operations
3. Knowledge of relevant treatment operation legislative requirements
4. Queensland C class manual drivers licence
5. Ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex process issues
6. Sound computer skills (eg. MS Office and SCADA/Telemetry systems)
7. Sound understanding of and commitment to EEO and WHS principles and practices.
If you see yourself sitting in this role very soon, please get in touch as soon as possible to ensure you are not disappointed. We are always happy to chat openly in regards to these roles, so feel free to call Owen Millar on 0414 706 605 or email Owen@oraus.com.au.