Regulatory Services Coordinator
Tough times, like the current COVID landscape, call for hard work and dedication to the cause. Osborne Richardson having been working incredibly hard, not to hassle and harass clients on your behalf, but to be there to assist when called upon. No one wants that pushy recruiter during the hard times, but they need the positive and connected ones like OR.
Fortunately, we are in a position to assist a superb Local Council in Northern QLD, to find them a permanent, full-time Regulatory Services Coordinator. Not only is this role a springboard for any career, it is also located in an area where the cost of living is extremely affordable whilst being within easy reach of beaches, shops, cities, nightlife... Regional living with city amenities.
In this career-expanding role, you will not only undertake a full 360 degree role with the Environmental Health program, you will also provide leadership to the Local Laws team in Council. If you think Environmental Health has gotten a little repetitive and stale, then this role will re-invigorate your compliance and leadership skills and bring a whole new challenge to your career.
As ever, we support all applications we receive in equal measure and are happy to discuss the role, even when you may not quite have the key skills and experience required. If you are however, to be the lucky one to be successful in securing this great role, we would ask you to ensure you closely align to the following:
1. Tertiary qualifications in Environmental Health or a related field, is essential
2. Postgraduate qualifications in a related discipline and/or Certificate IV in Government Investigations are desirable
3. Demonstrated experience in environmental health and compliance, with the ability to critically investigate complaints, provide reliable evidence and provide positive and compliant solutions for customers and the community.
4. Demonstrated knowledge and ability to interpret and implement Council Standards, Local Laws and State legislative
5. Excellent communication and customer service skills with proven capability to effectively deal with sensitive enforcement and compliance issues
6. Well-developed written communication and computer skills
7. Ability to lead a diverse team including rostering, provision of professional advice/opinion, performance management, capacity building and identifying learning and development opportunities
We are always happy to chat about roles, so feel free to call Owen Millar on 0414 706 605 or email Owen@oraus.com.au.