Insurance & Claims Specialist
Sydney - South
Osborne Richardson are delighted to have been asked to assist our Local Government client to the south of Sydney with another fantastic role.
We are seeking a Claims Expert to join the team for an initial 3 month term before potentially extending this onwards towards the end of the year. Above average hourly rate, flexible working and remote working on particular days are all offered.
In this key role, you will focus on the management and review of Public Liability Claims on behalf of the Council. In liaison with the Council legal team you will:
• Resolve claims against Council in a manner consistent with Council’s policies, insurance, legal rights and obligations.
• Direct insurance brokers, insurers and legal firms and negotiate with claimants and litigants
• Analyse claims data to develop recommendations for the management of risks.
• Prepare reports on the management of Council's claims and insurance.
• Prepare and maintain process documentation.
• Support Council’s Enterprise-wide Risk Management function
With key, specialist roles such as this, we ask you to closely review the following key skills and experience to ensure you align with these.
1. Tertiary or industry qualification relevant to the role.
2. Demonstrated comprehensive experience in the management of litigated and unlitigated
Public Liability insurance claims including:
a. highly developed ability to formulate commercially sound and authoritative
judgments and recommendations
b. ability to analyse claims data and formulate objective recommendations
3. Demonstrated experience in Public Liability insurance management
4. Experience with electronic data and claims management information systems
5. Demonstrated high level ability to educate, influence and motivate people on claims and
insurance management concepts, methodologies and the implementation of those concepts and methodologies
6. Demonstrated experience with MS Office suite
7. Demonstrated understanding of Work Health and Safety and Employment Equity +
8. Current Class C Driver's Licence
If you are keen to explore the role a little further, please feel free to get in touch with Owen Millar on 0414 706 605 or at Owen@oraus.com.au.
Always happy to chat.