$35-$40 per hour
What a great company to get your foot in the door! A temporary contact for an experienced WHS Advisor to assist with general WHS duties.
• 2-4 month contract with possible extension / Permanent employment
• A growing household brand
• Brisbane location
An opportunity for a ‘hands on’ and personable WHS Advisor is available with a well established and growing national food manufacturer based in Brisbane. This company have a long and successful history supplying high quality food to the public, around the country. The site is very large and immaculately maintained with fantastic onsite facilities.
The core focus of this position is to assist the WHS manager with WHS duties and documentation. The company has a strong track record of compliance and always ensure all staff make it home safely after their shift. This will be achieved through the following duties. You will work closely with all internal stakeholders and staff to ensure company compliance and safety awareness. The WHS manager has a strong track record of achieving fantastic safety results and their management style is collaborative and supportive.
Typical tasks include:
• Conduct risk assessments through all departments in the business
• Build relationships and engage with staff on any potential WHS issues
• Ensure staff are following company safe work instructions / SOPs
• Encourage staff incident reporting and ensure all WHS reporting is carried out effectively
• Assist with any incident investigations, audits and external liaisons
• Ensure the company are compliant with WHS legislation
• Examine all company plant to ensure everything is safe and operating correctly
• Ensure fire systems, cleaning processes, chemical storage and Hazmat details are up to date and documented
• Immediately isolate and report any risks of immediate concern to management
• Assist with staff training and toolbox talks
• Encourage a “safety is everyone’s responsibility’ culture and ensure staff are aware of their WHS obligations
• Assist with return to work duties and liaise with external service providers
• Other duties as directed
In order to be considered for this opportunity, you must meet the following criteria:
• Tertiary qualifications (or extensive training) in WHS/OHS
• Proven experience working in a safety role in a food (or FMCG) manufacturer
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Proven experience training staff on safety
• High attention to detail
• Strong knowledge of state and federal WHS legislation
What a great opportunity to get in with a national company with a household name! A competitive hourly rate is available for the successful applicant inline with experience. This is initially a 2-4 month contract with the possibility of extension or potentially full time permanent employment if you can add value, build strong business relationships and prove your worth.
Interested candidates can apply through the link below or for a confidential discussion, please contact Stuart Dixon at Osborne Richardson on 0405 696 655 or email email@example.com