Administrative Support Officer – Operations-Fixed Term
Our local council client situated in North QLD, requires an Administrative Support Officer for a 6-8 week contract.
Our client is committed to a One Team One Council approach where all departments work collaboratively together to achieve value for money for the rate payers of the region.
Accordingly, the key responsibilities may be modified from time to time to ensure the expected outcomes are coordinated with Council’s operational and corporate plans. Without limiting the above, the key responsibilities shall include:
• Provide administrative support to the Operations Department under the general direction of the Manager - Water Waste Water, Works Overseer and Parks Coordinator.
• Exercise a high degree of judgement, initiative, confidentiality and sensitivity in the performance of work.
• Understanding and appreciation of customer focus in all Council operational sections.
• Under regular direction, maintain the Customer Request system in Proclaim One.
• Promote positive public relations and treat relevant work-related information as confidential.
• Assist in the preparation and distribution of statutory reports to the Water Supply Regulator - Department of Natural Resources, Mines and Energy, Department of Environment and Science and other government agencies under regular direction, as required.
• Preparation of correspondence, public notices, press releases and other material relevant to the Operations Department.
• Ensure document processes generated for Construction Projects are in accordance with Council Quality Assurance and Work Health and Safety procedures.
• Undertake Site Hazard Inspection audits in accordance with Council’s Monthly Action Plan’s.
• Undertake financial costing for the Operations Section including processing of purchase orders, checking delivery dockets, compiling financial reports in Technology One and processing of purchase cards.
• Maintain Council’s Intranet and website content for the Operations Department.
• Provide data entry services for Operations Department.
• Where possible, use creativity and initiative in solving work related problems.
• Contribute to continual improvement of Council's productivity and delivery of services to the community.
• Interpretation and administration of matters for which there are no clearly established procedures.
• Support areas will include the Parks and Gardens, Works and Water Wastewater sections in periods of leave or high workload for administration and technical officers.
• Sound knowledge of work activities performed and clerical/administrative practices and procedures within the Operations Department.
• Sound knowledge of statutory requirements relevant to work area.
• Sound knowledge of section/department functions and operation of Council structure.
• Working knowledge of policies and regulations relating to the work area.
• Developing knowledge of the Work Health and Safety Act and its application at the workplace.
• Working knowledge of Council local laws.
• Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of applications.
For more information please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org