IT Project Manager (Business Transformation)
Osborne Richardson lead the way in Local Government recruitment throughout Australia, but especially in our home state of Queensland.
This prime opportunity will see you join this exceptional Council, located in Southern Brisbane, in a key Project Manager role. With an initial 6 month contract on offer, plus ongoing work expected to continue after this, the role is one which is sure to disappear extremely rapidly in the current climate. Our advice is get in quick!!
In this key role, you will sit within the Business Transformation Branch in Council and support the Digital Innovation Program to evolve and improve service delivery through collaboration across the organisation. Your day-to-day duties will look something along the lines of:
• Maintaining a high awareness of organisational drivers and providing well-informed advice and guidance to ensure delivery of initiatives
• Liaising, negotiating and developing satisfactory outcomes in relation to Council’s portfolio initiatives
• Working collaboratively with stakeholders to identify project approach, resource requirements and achieve management plan objectives and ensure that assignments are made to complete deliverables
• Undertaking responsibility for assigned project activities and results, identifying milestones and monitoring overall project progress, providing project tracking and oversight by managing and controlling project activities.
• Negotiating project resource commitments, developing project management plans and other relevant project management tools, providing regular status reporting and preparing executive reports as required.
• Using appropriate project management methodologies, effectively direct and coordinate all resources on project activities
We are all in on finding the best people out there in the market, to bring to our client and we want that person to be you. In order to ensure that you are the right person, we would ask you to very closely align to the following key skills and experience:
1. Extensive demonstrable commercial experience in project management and business analysis. Possession of Diploma in Project Management/Business Analysis, Prince 2 Certification is desirable.
2. Demonstrated experience and skills in delivering corporate projects, with relevant experience in leading teams in a project environment.
3. Demonstrated experience in establishing project, programme and portfolio management offices
4. Demonstrated experience working within an innovation focused portfolio using concepts and methods such as human centred design and agile to deliver customer outcomes.
5. Excellent interpersonal skills, including workshop facilitation and proven ability to build consensus among stakeholder groups
6. Excellent communication skills including the ability to influence and communicate to varying levels of the organisation
7. Previous experience in delivering detailed reports is essential.
In particular we would ask for the following:
Demonstrated high level of ability in ensuring staff provide a high quality of services in the follow areas:
• Project Portfolio management
• Business systems/application analysis
• Change management
• Customer Experience
If you like what you see and think you have what it takes to succeed in this role, please feel free to contact Owen Millar on 0414 706 605 or email Owen@oraus.com.au.