Quality Assurance Manager
• Flexibility of a 6 month contract
• Stable national company
• Full responsibility for Quality Assurance on site
• Reporting to the National Technical Manager
About the opportunity:
A position for a Site Quality Assurance Manager is available with one of Australia’s leading food processors based a short drive from Brisbane city. Our client has enjoyed significant growth and is now one of Australia’s most recognised fresh food suppliers. With sites around the country, this company supply products to a variety of customers across retail and food service. Reporting to the National Technical Manager and with a dotted line to the Site General Manager, your role will be to lead quality assurance, regulatory and compliance duties for the site. We are seeking a hands-on and experienced manager who can provide technical advice, lead external and internal audits, and work cross functionally to ensure the products produced are of a high quality and are safe for consumption. The Site GM and the National Technical manager are both very helpful, great communicators, strategically minded and have a wealth of knowledge to assist you to succeed in the contract role. If you do a fantastic job in the first 6 months and become a valued member of the team, you never know what doors this role can open with a national company.
Typical duties include:
• Lead site certifications and customer audits – SQF, WSE, CFMSR, Aldi, Organic etc.
• Quickly develop strong relationships with customers and resolve any issues such as complaints, product quality and non conformances.
• Build relationships with and manage the QA team across two shifts.
• Regulatory duties – coordinate labelling, NIPs, allergen management etc.
• Coordinate product testing to ensure product safety.
• Report all QA results and reports to the Site GM and National Technical Manager.
• Other duties as required.
In order to be considered for this position, you must meet the following criteria:
• Qualifications in food science or a related discipline
• QA Management experience within high care food manufacturing
• Experience with audits such as HACCP, SQF, WSE, CFMSR, QSRs etc.
• Strong communication skills to manage the team and liaise with customers and suppliers
• High attention to detail
This site has three production lines and two shifts therefore a salary level $90,000 - $100,000 + super (pro-rata) is on offer for this position. Interested applicants can apply through the link below or for a confidential discussion, please contact Stuart Dixon at Osborne Richardson Australia on 0405696655 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: You must have rights to work in Australia to be considered for this position.