GIS Officer (Infrastructure)
QLD - Brisbane North
Get on board the Osborne Richardson GIS train as it's leaving the station and running express to successville. We don't mess around with our clients and candidates. We are here to help bring the best to Councils and help the best get into Councils. If Government roles are your thing, then you nee dot be aligned to OR.
This role is a cracker. You will occupy the position of GIS Officer, where you will be focused on the analysis of infrastructure data before interpreting and moulding this as best fits purpose. Your duties will see you:
• Develop, implement and maintain geospatial information and undertake analysis and reporting to support the development of Council’s key strategic infrastructure policies, long term planning and delivery programs including the Local Government Infrastructure Plan (LGIP) program and associated plans for trunk infrastructure.
• Undertake improvement activities associated with infrastructure data capture, data maintenance and verification of infrastructure related information in Council’s spatial systems in accordance with best practice.
• Undertake activities to support effective planning, design, investment and delivery of infrastructure including production of infrastructure demand tables and integrated infrastructure network planning for Council’s major asset groups in transport, stormwater, parks and community facilities.
• Conduct spatial analysis of infrastructure networks to identify trunk infrastructure and assist with the valuation of existing and future infrastructure networks in the LGIP.
• Provide expert advice and specialist GIS services to the Strategic Infrastructure Planning team including map development and production.
• Under direction of the Program Coordinator, develop GIS information for the infrastructure network and Strategic Infrastructure Planning teams.
In order to be the best, you've got to show us that you're the best, so we ask you to smash these key skills and experience out of the park like a wild thing:
1. Degree qualification in spatial information, planning or other relevant field.
2. Current C class driver’s licence.
3. A minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a similar spatial systems role.
4. Sound knowledge and experience in the provision of data management services.
5. Demonstrated investigative, analytical and research skills including proficiency in the use of a range of software applications used to record, manipulate and present infrastructure and project programming data.
6. Well developed people and relationship skills with demonstrated ability to work in a team environment communicating and motivating effectively at all levels of the organisation, contributing to a positive work environment with a strong focus on provision of quality customer service.
If you are the one for this role, please get in touch immediately to let us know (as we obviously don't know yet or we would have just contacted you directly!!!).