Quality Assurance Manager – Food
Lead quality assurance for the site in this beautiful Northern NSW location.
• Permanent full time role
• Full responsibility for the site
• Relocation assistance provided
This growing company produce high quality products for the domestic and international markets becoming an Australian leader in their field. Based in the northern rivers area, this role would suit someone seeking to get out of the city into the beautiful countryside. With major towns close by and the beach only 1 hour away, the Gold Coast a mere 2.5 hours away and access to all the national parks, basing yourself in this area will give you the ultimate Australian lifestyle. Plus with the border restrictions easing early October, this opportunity would be very appealing to anyone living in South east Queensland or NSW.
Reporting to the plant manager, your role will be to lead quality assurance for the site, manage and develop the QA team and ensure all products produced are food safe, of a high quality and to specification. You will utilize your strong communication skills to work cross functionally with all departments to ensure the highest level of quality and GMP across the site.
Examples of duties include:
• Reviewing the Quality management system to ensure it meets regulatory and customer standards.
• Manage and develop the QA team.
• Lead all internal and external audits
• Respond, investigate and resolve any customer complaints.
• Ensure export documentation and licences are maintained
• Sign off on any product labelling requirements ensuring accuracy of nutritionals, marketing claims and artwork
• Provide NPD and Production with technical support
• Work closely with production ensuring operators are following GMP
• Ensure product traceability are efficient
• Provide training to staff on Quality and Food Safety
• Contribute to the site leadership team and committees
• Other duties as required
To give yourself the best chance of being considered for this opportunity, ensure your resume highlights the following:
• Qualifications in food science / technology or a related field
• Experience leading a quality department in a SME food manufacturer
• Experience with HACCP, VACCP, TACCP, NSW Food Authority, BRC, WSE, CFMSR, Halal and FSSC22000
• Demonstrated experience managing and developing staff
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• High levels of attention to detail
• Able to relocate to the norther rivers area
On offer for this position is a salary of c $80,000 + super, relocation assistance, stable employment, staff benefits and a great working environment. Being a Subject matter expert, you will not be pigeon holed; you will have a wide range of responsibilities and will be expected to contribute to the strategic direction of the business.
Interested applicants can apply through the link below or for a confidential discussion, please contact Stuart Dixon at Osborne Richardson on 0405696655 or email email@example.com
Please note: you must have rights to work in Australia in order to be considered for this position.