Product Developer - Baked Goods
A growing food manufacturer based on the Sunshine Coast is in need of an experienced bakery product developer to lead a variety of projects
• Located on the picturesque Sunshine Coast
• Permanent full time role
• Great development opportunities
Our client is seeking a talented and creative Product Developer with a bakery background for a full time role based on the Sunshine Coast. The region boasts a combination of lifestyle choices, natural beauty, a temperate climate, clean surf beaches, National parks and a laid back vibe making it a perfect place to settle. There is plenty to do if you like the outdoors while having the convenience of all the goods and services in the metro areas close by.
This role will involve working within a small yet collaborative team with your own portfolio of projects to work on. You will work on in house concepts and also work closely with retail customers on a wide range of development projects. You will have the support of the NPD Manager and a senior technologist whilst working quite autonomously on new and existing products. Your role will be to liaise with multiple stakeholders, ensure the development of products follow stage gate processes, troubleshoot any development issues and launch products on time, to specification with high levels of quality.
Typical duties include:
• Identify trends in the market, develop product concepts and work with customers on concepts and briefs.
• Upscale product concepts to large scale manufacturing.
• Follow stage gate process from concept to launch
• Deliver cost savings with ingredient substitutes or alternative suppliers
• Deliver healthier products without affecting sensory results
• Work closely with internal stakeholders
• Oversee factory trials, validations and product launches to market
• Maintain the company’s reputation of producing high quality of products
• Develop costings, specifications and assist with regulatory requirements
• Participate in sensory evaluation
To be successful in this role, you will have:
• Qualifications in Food Science or Technology and/or a trade experienced pastry chef
• Experience developing bakery products for large scale food manufacturing
• Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
• High attention to detail and outstanding time management skills
This is a fast paced role working closely with retailers and other customers on seasonal product development campaigns. You will be required to occasionally work out of business hours to conduct product manufacturing trials and present at product launches. In return you will be given flexible working arrangements an attractive salary and a very approachable and knowledgeable 'can do' team to work with.
Interested applicants can apply through the link below or email your details to email@example.com
This is a permanent full time position therefore you must have permanent full time Australian work rights in order to be considered for the role.