$50 per hour +
VIC - Melbourne West
Osborne Richardson are delighted to be recruiting on behalf of our Local Government clients based in Melbourne's Inner West. On offer is a 3 month contract for a Building Surveyor to join the existing team.
Your role will be to promote the safety and compliance of buildings within the Council area, by assisiting the Municipal Building Surveyor to utilise the powers, functions and duties of Council and the Victorian building legislation. Previous Local Government Experience is a plus.
- Assess applications for building permits for compliance with building legislation, the Building Code of Australia and relevant Australian standards.
- Assess applications for Council Report & Consent, including referrals, site inspections, report preparations and recommendations for approval or refusal.
- Carry out inspections of building work and identify any items of non-compliance with approved plans, documents and the requirements of the building regulations.
- Provide accurate, timely and appropriate advice on building-related matters to internal and external stakeholders.
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Building Surveying or equivalent Tertiary qualification
- Experience in the Local Government or private building surveying environment, including interpretation and application of legislation, assessment of building designs and site inspections
- Registration with the Victorian Building Authority in the category of Building Surveyor – Limited (minimum)
- Current Victorian Drivers Licence
For more information regarding the role please submit your resume to email@example.com.